Choose the license option that suits your needs
The default period of validity for all classes of license is one year.
For Cloud - FREE
An easy way to provide a “download this page as a PDF/XPS document” facility on your website. Users can then open, save or print the file.
But, if you need to ensure confidentiality or print to a local on‑premise printer, then you need our On‑Premise Service.
For On‑Premise Devices
Fully functional ScriptX‑enabled content for any browser, any device.
Completely under your control, a frictionless service for the user, with nothing for them to install. Provides printing to any print device available to a departmental server.
Print to a local or networked printer available to the ScriptX.Services server hosted on Windows Server 2012 or later or suitable Workstation (IIS).
For Windows PC
Closest to ScriptX.Add‑On, ScriptX.Services for Windows PC provides fully-functional ScriptX‑enabled content for any browser. Print to a local or networked printer.
Ideal for deployment with web applications hosted in any browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) on a Windows PC.
Full scripted control of the printing experience including choice of the output printer, orientation, page header and footers etc., and initiation of printing.
These additional features are included with this class of ScriptX.Services license
Only available as cost options for ScriptX.Add‑On, these powerful options come as standard with ScriptX.Services.
For finer control over formatting, the Enhanced formatting option enables highly customised, personalised and professional printing of browser‑based content.
Enhanced formatting allows HTML snippets to be used within headers and footers, as well as delivering an enhanced page range specification.
Benefits of Enhanced formatting:
- Allows HTML snippets/images to be easily incorporated within headers and footers
- Different headers and footers on the first page
- Provides ability to vary header or footer dimensions for all pages or first pages only
- Gives greater control over page range specification
Provides a high degree of programmatic control over the printing of web‑based Adobe Acrobat documents.
Organisations rely on information stored in millions of Adobe Acrobat documents within their enterprises. However printing PDFs from the browser provides little control of print settings and appearance.
The ScriptX Enhanced PDF Working option solves these issues, by providing organisations with a high degree of programmatic control over the printing of web‑based Adobe Acrobat documents from browsers within the enterprise. This improves the batching, appearance and consistency of printed PDFs. No Adobe software is required on the client PC.
Benefits of Enhanced PDF working:
- Enables the scripting of print-related settings within HTML so that PDFs automatically match printer page size, including shrinking documents to fit, rotating and centring
- Allows straightforward batch printing, with progress callbacks so that PDF printing can be monitored across the enterprise
- Simpler to program for than using Adobe Acrobat itself and easier for users
- Client machines do not need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, increasing efficiency, simplifying administration and tightening security
- Downloads Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) files and prints them out in batch mode in the background
- Any number of print-outs can be queued, providing a scalable printing solution
Please note that the spool-size of printed PDF documents may be larger than expected with consequences for performance. Please evaluate performance is acceptable.
Direct (RAW) printing
The Direct (RAW) printing option provides for printing to programmable devices such as thermal label printers.
It enables sending EPL or ZPL control language or strings of printer control codes directly to the printer.
Benefits of Direct (RAW) printing:
- Enables specialist printing scenarios in applications such as EPOS, packaging and health care
- Faster printing as it uses the intelligence within programmable thermal label printers to interpret the specified text sent directly to the printer
- Brings the advantanges of web based applications to these scenarios
- Accuracy: direct printing provides more control and reliability than printing of HTML via the Internet Explorer print engine
Silent license installation minimises support calls by auto‑installing licenses within the enterprise, without the need for the user to become involved.
Silent license installation defeats the publishing license's mandatory display/acceptance routine, saving IT support call and increasing efficiency.
Please note that Silent license installation has no effect on the standard installation of the ScriptX software.
Benefits of Silent license installation:
- Auto-installs ScriptX licenses on client machines without the need for user involvement
- Increases efficiency by dramatically reducing calls to the support desk
- Removes possibility of user error, such as refusing to accept the license which will then lead to application failures when licensed methods and properties are accessed