Silent license installation
For security reasons installing ScriptX requires users to manually accept licensing conditions that are displayed the first time they visit a licensed address or page. When rolling out ScriptX across thousands of client computers, this can increase calls to support from unsure users concerned about security.
Silent license installation defeats the publishing license's mandatory display/acceptance routine, saving IT support call and increasing efficiency. It solely works on internal web addresses and for security reasons cannot be enabled on those licenses whose validation list includes any publicly‑accessible Internet addresses.
Please note that Silent license installation has no effect on the standard installation of the ScriptX software from smsx.cab. We have no code on a user's machine on their first‑ever visit to ScriptX‑enabled content, so the download and installation of the ScriptX binaries has to be handled by Internet Explorer's standard Authenticode security mechanism. However, as a licensee you also have access to the ScriptX Licensee Resource Kit which includes both MSI based installers and a merge module to enable distribution and installation of the software by means appropriate to your organisation.
Benefits of Silent license installation
- Auto‑installs ScriptX licenses on client machines without the need for user involvement
- Increases efficiency by dramatically reducing calls to the support desk
- Removes possibility of user error, such as refusing to accept the license which will then lead to application failures when licensed methods and properties are accessed
- Pays for itself quickly on larger intranets, through lower support costs
- all ScriptX.Add-on client-side licenses