Enhanced PDF working
Organisations rely on information stored in millions of Adobe Acrobat documents within their enterprises. However printing PDFs from within Internet Explorer requires the installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader on every client computer and provides little control of print settings and appearance.
The ScriptX Enhanced PDF working option solves these issues, by providing organisations with a high degree of programmatic control over the printing of web‑based Adobe Acrobat documents through Microsoft Internet Explorer clients within the enterprise. This improves the batching, appearance and consistency of printed PDFs. No Adobe software is required on the client PC.
Benefits of Enhanced PDF working
- Enables the scripting of print‑related settings within HTML so that PDFs automatically match printer page size, including shrinking documents to fit, rotating and centring
- Allows straightforward batch printing, with progress callbacks so that PDF printing can be monitored across the enterprise
- Simpler to program for than using Adobe Acrobat itself and easier for users
- Client machines do not need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, increasing efficiency, simplifying administration and tightening security
- Downloads Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) files and prints them out in batch mode in the background
- Any number of print‑outs can be queued, providing a scalable printing solution
Please note that the spool-size of printed PDF documents may be larger than expected with consequences for performance. Please evaluate performance is acceptable.
- all ScriptX.Add-On client-side licenses
The following printing settings can be used:
- SetPrintScale(-1) to enable "Shrink to Fit" of the printed output
- SetPageRange(false,startPage,endPage) to set the page range to print