Direct (RAW) printing
The Direct (RAW) printing option has been specially created to allow printing to programmable devices such as thermal label printers. It bypasses the Internet Explorer print engine to enable sending EPL or ZPL control language or strings of printer control codes directly to the printer.
This brings many specialist printing scenarios to web based applications that are hosted in Windows Internet Explorer or applications using the Windows Web Browser platform.
Hundreds of organisations rely on ScriptX to print mission critical labels. Making this process simple, straightforward and efficient for users is vital to avoid wastage and speed up printing.
Benefits of Direct (RAW) printing
- Enables specialist printing scenarios in applications such as EPOS, packaging and health care
- Faster printing as it uses the intelligence within programmable thermal label printers to interpret the specified text sent directly to the printer
- Brings the advantanges of web based applications to these scenarios
- Accuracy: direct printing provides more control and reliability than printing of HTML via the Internet Explorer print engine
- all ScriptX.Add-on client-side licenses
- ScriptX.Add-on application license
The following settings and methods are available:
NOTE: RAW Printing is not supported in any form of usage outside of Internet Explorer.
The following simple but complete example shows how to print a label to a Zebra printer: